Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thing 59

Great lesson for all of us librarians--and any bibliophiles out there! The Book Report Network is a great resource. I've used the Kidsreads.com site before, but never saw a link from it to the other sites connected by The Book Report Network:

TheBookReportNetwork.com
BookReporter.com
ReadingGroupGuides.com
AuthorYellowPages.com
AuthorsOnTheWeb.com
FaithfulReader.com
Teenreads.com
Kidsreads.com

Great for reader's advisory! I will definitely be using these resources again and again.

I would add that while these are great, they aren't the only reader's advisory sites. I was sadly disappointed that some of my favorite fantasy/sci-fi authors are not listed--however I know other really terrific specialized web sites for fantasy/sci-fi:
Fantastic Fiction
Scifan
Sf Site
and for mystery:
Stop, You're Killing Me!
romance:
Sequels and Prequels for Romance Novels
The Romance Reader
Still looking for a really great Christian Fiction resource with many more authors than FaithfulReader.com.
Another great all-inclusive reader's advisory site:
Reader's Robot

No comments: